Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Graduation and the F-I-L

This post is dedicated to the events of an entire week, and these events were entirely dedicated to Don's graduation and all things New York.

So, that guy Don that I am about to marry in 16 days, is now officially a doctor!


Okay, I've decided that it's fun to write this: Don D. Williams, M.D.

It's also fun to say Dr. Williams...seriously, say it out loud. Sounds great, right?! Congratulations Don, you have a very proud future wifey.

Because of graduation, Don's entire family was in town for the week (F-I-L = Future In-Laws). It was really fun to spend time with them. Don has two great friends from Germany who also flew in to visit for a couple of weeks.

Harald and Elke = the coolest Germans I know. Well, technically they are the only Germans I know. But they would still be the coolest.

We also took a little tour on the famous Red Bus. You might not be able to tell from the picture that our tour guide was really funny. No sarcasm there. Really. Funny.

Statue of Liberty

Ellis Island


These are old trunks, suitcases and baskets that were brought to the United States by immigrants from various places around the world. I would pay serious money for one of these trunks.


My roomates also threw me a bridal shower last week, can't forget that. V affectionately titled our night "Sugar and Spice and everything...Naughty"


We ended the week with a viewing of Mary Poppins. I think I had "Just a Spoonful of Sugar" in my head for days. What a great musical.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

-ahaha, your so funny.
congratulations,

i lovelovelove the marry poppins picture btw(:
cx.

jenny said...

You look gorgeous in that first pic! And all of them for that matter.

I would commit a small crime for one of those trunks.

I am excited for you to be WED!

Jenna said...

love the mary popping picture. congrats to don. and sure looks like you've had a great time doing a little more exploring the city

chelsea mckell said...

And the best part... you get to sign everything in the future: "Doctor and Mrs. Williams," or some variety of that :)
Sugar and spice and everything naughty... that's hilarious!