I had an interesting thought on my run today. I have always, and will always have a strong testimony that my Heavenly Father knows me personally. I believe this to be true. I have had experiences to know that he is watching over me. However, the thought still crosses my mind of how.
How is it that God can know and love each of us individually? Isn't that millions and billions and trillions of people?! And he knows...me?! What I'm going through?!
As I was running, I thought to myself...how many people do I know, love, care about, understand, call by name, and recognize? Um...my list is long. Take it from someone who just sent out wedding annnouncements to everybody I care about. That list. Is long.
I have heard it said that we, as human beings, only use 10% percent of our brain capacity (Note: this fact is an on-going debate in the scientific world). But...the point is that to some extent, human beings are limited. In comparison to our Heavenly Father, we are limited in our understanding and our abilities. And yet...we still have the capacity to love and remember a staggering number of people that we have come in contact with during our lives.
We have worked hard to establish a relationship with each of these people, and therefore we know them.
How then, does God know each and every one of us individually?!
Unlike us, God is not limited in his capacities. In fact, he is just the opposite. We are patterned after him, in his own image. So he has our capabilities times a million and a billion and a trillion. So it makes sense doesn't it? If we, as humans, can establish an astonishingly high number of relationships here on earth, then surely as omniscient as he is, he is quite capable of knowing each and every one of us.
One other point to consider. I have lived for 24 years on this earth. I have had 24 years to know who I know and love who I love.
Our Heavenly Father has worked on establishing a relationship with each of us...for eternity. That is a lot of years of getting to know us.
He does know us. He does care about us. He does love us.
Of this I am certain.
5 comments:
Hey lady thanks for this post. I got more out of it than i did out of three hours of church today hahaha. You are awesome. Miss you!
and this is one reason why i love you. see you soon!
This was great Carolyn!! It really is a wonderful thing to feel "known" and loved. I usually think different things when I run... like whether or not I'm going to survive through it. Ha ha.
You continually amaze me, Carolyn. I can't wait till you're back on the east coast and we can see each other!
nice. glad you shared a deep thoughtful thought. looks like the great beginning to a talk for church someday!
Post a Comment