On Christmas Eve, we all partied with Don's Grandma Glor. She is a spunky little Italian with a great personality. Gotta love her! It was a huge celebration with all the family members; from great grandkids, to grandkids, to kids, to grandma.
Because I was away from my family this year, we just couldn't let our traditions slip on by. So, my mom bought Quebe family pj's for the whole Williams family. Tradition says you wear them to bed on Christmas Eve. Here is the whole Williams Fam with our matching PJ's. Thanks mom for sending them!
The following picture was requested by Kyle himself. Urkel it up boys!
He's a hard worker. It had to be tough to work on Christmas Eve, but he did it without complaint. I think wearing the polar bear pj's gave him extra perseverance capabilities.
On Christmas morning, I woke up to find that Santa had really come! He filled our stockings, brought a couple new gifts, and left us matching slippers! I giddily admired our loot as I waited for Don to get home.
(Um, aren't 1 footer trees just the cutest things you've ever seen!? Thank you Home Depot.)
Every time somebody gave us a small bag of treats, you know, from work or from church, I stuck it under the tree to inflate the appearance of our Christmas loot. The 1 foot tree also created quite the fabulous little illusion. I mean, those presents just look huge.

When Don came home, we had a wonderful breakfast of eggs benedict, and then we opened up our gifts. Don gave me the coolest gift ever. All my former roomies know that I am mildly, well, seriously, obsessed with plants. I take care of my aloe as if it were a small child. I protect it. I love it. I am fiercely loyal to it.
My parents also bought us awesome new jackets. Don got a Patagonia jacket, while I opted for...Marc New York. I was told I needed a "sportier" jacket. I tried.
Thank you for the jackets! We love them! I gleefully played in the snow today in my new puffness.

After we opened our own gifts, we went back down to Provo to open the rest of our gifts with the Williams family. We drew names, so that was fun to go around the circle. Don's parents also got us some really cool gifts. One of them was a weekend trip to the Alaskan Inn up in Ogden! Thank you Williams parents! We are sure excited to go.
From Grandma Glor - Many a needed storage bin
When Don came home, we had a wonderful breakfast of eggs benedict, and then we opened up our gifts. Don gave me the coolest gift ever. All my former roomies know that I am mildly, well, seriously, obsessed with plants. I take care of my aloe as if it were a small child. I protect it. I love it. I am fiercely loyal to it.
Well, Don surprised me with a sun lamp and 2 different herb gardens! I get basil, parsley, chives, cilantro, and oregano. To show you not only how deeply I love plants, but also how happy I was to receive this gift, I will tell you that I started crying. I cried at the sight of my new herb garden growing kits. Plant nerd? Oh yeah. Thoughtful husband? Very.
Thank you for the jackets! We love them! I gleefully played in the snow today in my new puffness.
Some of the other gifts we got:
From Stephen - Bike tune-up book, Italian cookbook
From P&A - Operation (Ha! So fitting for Doc Williams) and Candyland (Ha! So fitting for...the girl who just had hot chocolate and sugar cookies for dinner)
From Kyle - Doc Holiday Santa Statue
From Emily - Hoodie and no-slip headbands
From Grandma Glor - Many a needed storage bin
Thank you everybody for all of the gifts, we loved them all. And to the Quebe family: Have no fear, we'll be there next year!
4 comments:
Yeah! A very Merry Christmas indeed... Gotta love those PJ's! Thanks Williams family!
Merry Christmas!!!
I forgot to tell you, my aloe plant died a horrible death...the poor thing! Not sure what happened....sad.
I love the picture of Don in the pj pants at work! Sounds like a great Christmas weekend! Loved your dress (and those boots) at Church too!
Nice! that's so cute of your mom to send them to everyone. Pretty impressed with Don for wearing them to work - go Don!
Love the herb set - I'd totally be thrilled too - I share plant nerdiness with you, for sure!
Awesome tree too!
so I may have laughed out loud at the thought of you crying over basil! LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment