So...this past weekend, Don and I went down to St. George for the weekend! It was sort of a dual trip. Don's best friend Trevor and his wife Heather live in St. George. So, we stayed with them and enjoyed a weekend of fun with their 2 cutie kids. It was little Emma's birthday, and she turned 4 years old. Heather hosted a Rapunzel party, and she seriously had the most creative decorations.
Please don't be mad. I have been less than stellar in the picture taking category, and I have no pictures of anything. at all. this weekend. I give myself a mulligan for these past 2 posts. I promise I am reforming right now.
Anyway...we also went down because I ran the St. George half marathon! It was so fun. Heather and her sister ran it as well and did a great job. Also in the ranks of runner buddies were 3 of my former BYU teammates. I re-visited and re-ran with Carlee, Angela, and Anne. Our visits not only included running, but also lunch, cupcakes, and perhaps a little post race hot tubbing. (What were ever thinking with post-race ice baths?!)
Don was also there to cheer me on after riding his bike down to the finish line. I love that he watches me race, even if it is no longer the "glory days".
The final stats:
1st in my age group
6th woman overall
1:26.19
I don't know if this will work, but if you want to see pictures, here is a link to some of the photos shot at the race. They wouldn't let me copy and paste :(
http://orders.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Images.aspx
If the link doesn't work, it's ok...the pictures are super unflattering. Here is the info to look up the photos.
Event: St. George Half Marathon
Date: January 22, 2011
Bib Number: 4811
Last Name: Williams
Again, I am sorry for the lack of blogging enthusiasm of late, as well as for the lack of pictures. Won't happen again. Hopefully.
7 comments:
congrats on an awesome half time!! ps...email me your address so I can send you a "xmas card" (that is if you didn't get yours)
AMAZING!!!! Way to go! Sounds like a great race. I love and miss you far too much. So much so that I was jealous of the people who got to huff and puff next to you for miles and miles... and I don't even like huffing and puffing for miles and miles! ;) Love and Hugs!!
XOXO
you are awesome quebe! I hear you on the lack of blogging enthusiasm. I think the holidays sucked out the photo bug in us all
You got FIRST?! You are amazing. I wish I was you QUEBE!
nice work! did you know those other girls were going to be there? that is sure fun! way to be amazing!
Congrats Quebes! I can't believe you are so amazing when just a bit ago you were all like "I'm not running much, not in good shape, blah blah blah..." You lil liar! Haha! You did awesome! And what's with everyone being down there? What the heck? Fun times. I definitely need to get in on some of that. Miss you! Hope everything is going well and getting better and better! ;)
Nice work Carolyn. You are an amazing runner! Thanks for coming down to have a great weekend with the Jenson's
Post a Comment