We started the morning with breakfast in bed. I made omelettes and grapefruit. Sectioning and de-skinning grapefruits = a lot of time. Sectioning and de-skinning grapefruites also = very tasty grapefruit. So, I would say the trade off is worth it.
For his birthday, Don wanted to try Cross Country skiing (Barnettes, we still have to go!). Neither of us really knew what to expect going into it.
The all-too-eager newbies.
It was fun! The only small problem was that, well, I just couldn't ever get the hang of it. I sort of waddled like an unfortunate ice skater throughout the whole course. Therefore, I never really got a workout. Therefore, I was cold. :( Had I been slightly more athletic, and worn slightly more clothing, I could have avoided the above mentioned therefores.
Don, on the other hand, was a most excellent CC skiier. He went an entire 10k further than I did. And fast too. I thought I would have time for a little shopping trip at the outlet malls, but by the time he finished his 10k, I had just stepped foot in the Nike store. Shopping trip foiled by athletic husband. Haha.
Here we are, post CC adventure! Please take note of my brand new Nike sweatshirt. It's a good thing that I am just as fast at shopping as Don is at skiing...I should have said, shopping trip nearly foiled by athletic husband.
On Saturday night, we once again returned to Park City to watch the World Championship skiing events. We went up with some friends in our ward and met Don's family up at PC. We saw the dual mogul finals, which were really fun to watch.
7 comments:
I'm glad you can remember your own husband's b-day!! haha Looks like you had a fun day. Justin usually makes me go kayaking on his b-day :) Miss you!!
You guys are so cute! Happy belated birthday to Don! We really do need to go snowshoeing sometime before the snow is gone...so, looks like we have 2 months? ;) Jk--let's plan something sooner than that!
Ha. Lee gets the "are you old enough to be out of school" all the time.
I tired once to de-skin grapefruit. I'm impressed you actually could do it. It is HARD.
Cross Country Skiing is so weird. It is hard to know what to do were you don't feel like a fool.
I can't believe how far Don went! That is amazing!
You guys look so cute together! Cross country skiing is hard. I had a hard time not falling down when we tried it!
okay, Jordan Jones was really Amber Jones...haha, signed into my husband's email on accident
Hooray for your snowy, cold, freezing day! But yay for the Wojo's and Mexican food! We had a blast. Thanks for "taking our relationship to the next level." Ha ha. Can't wait for Red Iguana. Remember, we'll have to plan for an evening where we have 4 spare hours!
Wow, fun!!! Cute breakfast! Yeah cross country skiing is tricky - tried it once.
Post a Comment