Monday, May 23, 2011

Boston & D.C.

This weekend, I went apartment shopping in Boston!! I need to apologize in advance for not having pictures of the following: My new apartment in Boston, Val Pal, or the wonderful Quebes that hosted me in D.C. I was only in "picture mode" at Rachel and David's wedding it seems.

I did manage to get one picture of Stephen. He and some friends met me in Boston in the morning. Stephen was nice enough to spend the day apartment shopping with me all day long.

THANK YOU! Don had to work, so he couldn't fly out with me. I wish he could have come, I felt insecure without his aid! I sure hope we like our apartment.

About to hop on the T.

Our new home! Thank you Google.

It is a cute little 1 bedroom with hardwood floors and a little eat-in kitchen area. Unfortunately, the tenants were in the apartment so I couldn't snap pictures.

In other good Boston news: Anthropologie is going to transfer me. YAY! Another check mark off the worry list...

I also would like to give a shout out to Val Pal. She not only let me stay with her in Boston, but she let me borrow her car for the day. And she didn't even get mad at me when I racked up 2 parking tickets for her. Boston, we are not friends at the moment. MIT, we are not friends at the moment.

Friday morning, I flew out to D.C. for Rachel and David's wedding! It was another wonderful reunion of the Freshman friends. It was so great to see everybody! I can't believe we have been friends for 8 years. Time flies.

We thought it appropriate to take pictures in front of the "Chaste Trees" the day before the wedding.

The Museum of Natural History tells me I am related to a llama. I see it.

Modeling at the monuments.

Boston, here we come!

Rachel and David got married at the D.C. temple. I had never seen it in person, and it was as beautiful as I had imagined.

I finally got to meet Nolan Roberts! Debbie's little boy is such a cutie. I am quite excited about being 1 of his 8 honorary aunts.


Beautiful!

A reunion weekend wouldn't be complete without a spooning picture. (I still prefer to be an end spoon these days.)

Debbie made us goodie bags for our 2 hour drive to the reception. Thank you Debbie!

The reception was held in Montpelier at the home of James Madison. The landscape was stunning.

One of the best parts of the reception was that we got to take a tour of the home. As it turns out, James and Dolley Madison were extraordinary people. I am more and more amazed at our Founding Fathers every time I learn something new about them. I do believe they were a spiritually and intellectually enlightened group of men.

The home of James Madison.

The happy couple! We had so much fun!!!


During my trip to D.C., I stayed with my brother and sister-in-law. THANK YOU for letting me stay! I am sad I didn't take any pictures with them. Aubrey and I went out to lunch at an amazing little sandwich shop the day I flew in, and I got to spend some quality time with Penelope too. I can't wait for you guys to visit us in Boston.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Where is your new apartment? It looks like a familiar building, but all apartment buildings look the same in Boston :) And yay for Anthro transferring you! Also, I love Valerie. I have much love for this post :)

Lyndsy said...

Rachael was just asking me today what you were up to these days...now I can properly fill her in! Good luck with the Boston transition...I hear it is quite the city..I'll have to make a visit up once you are all settled in!!

Erin said...

You saw val!? how fun! hope your move is easy peasy! i went to Boston for the first time for the marathon it was incredible! miss you! xo

Coopers said...

It really is hard to remember to take pictures. When we went and visited my family I got none with them! I just don't think about it unless someone thinks to get their camera out. (Probably why you only have wedding/friends pictures...someone else had a camera out too.)

I can't wait to see your place. I am so sad that you wont be in Utah anymore. For some reason I thought you still had another year out there. Guess I might have to come visit Boston for the first time ever.

wendy said...

Quebes you are as cute as button. I love the Llama picture!! Boston will be so fun! I love that city. And Laura lives there, so that makes it great, too. :) Is Don doing is residency there?

Jenna said...

Awesome! Glad you found a place. I'm sure it is great because you have so much attention to detail and moreso to hidden potential.

Looks like you had a blast with the wedding & touring fun. I didn't realize you were going out to DC for a friend's wedding. So fun!

The east coast awaits you in just a few weeks!

Janae said...

I love the apartment! At least from the outside. :) You'll have to post pics when you get there. You should also get some good pictures of your cinder block apartment for good memories when you leave. We are going to miss you guys so much. Chris talks a lot about you guys and how it's a real bummer. Who knows, maybe we'll be seeing you guys in Boston come next August?? LoL