We celebrated by going out to eat Saturday night. When I asked Don where he wanted to go...well, I should have known.
His immediate response was, "Qdoba. I have a birthday coupon." I laughed. You see, Qdoba offered him a double dose of exactly what he wanted. 1) his favorite burrito, and 2) an opportunity to save money. I don't think he could have come up with a better birthday dinner.
Sunday was, of course, the Super Bowl. We had two Super Bowl party invites that we wanted to go to, so we had the birthday festivities before heading out for the evening.
I knew Don wouldn't really like cake, so I suggested a couple of options for a birthday treat. He opted for homemade gingerbread cookies. Oh-my-tasty. I used a recipe from our wedding, and they were so good! (Normally my baking adventures don't turn out well, but perhaps my sugar cookie experience helped?!)
We were in the super bowl spirit, so I made our cookies in the shape of footballs just for kicks. (HA....no pun intended!! I'm definitely laughing to myself right now.)
The stars are for the Patriots. GO Pats!! It's really too bad they lost, my gingerbread was so prepared for a win. :( However, Don and I are also big fans of New York, so we didn't take it too hard, to say the least.
Back to Don's birthday, I made him some special "31" cookies. See below.
Notice how distinguished and age-appropriate Don looks with his beard. Well, after we took that picture, Don got really excited and he said, "I have an idea. I'll go shave, and then take another picture like this..."
So funny. As you can see, Don didn't actually shave, but he did rearrange the "31" whilst flashing quite the cheeky smirk for the camera.
Anyway...Happy Birthday Don! I love you!
Anyway...Happy Birthday Don! I love you!
3 comments:
You guys are so cute! Happy Birthday Don!
I know this post is suppose to be about the cookies...but I love your hair and lipstick in this pic!
Don't you mean "No punt intended...?"
Post a Comment