Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Don and I went to visit his family in Utah. I was only there for 3 days, but it was really fun. Not only did I successfully complete 2 full ski days, but I also got to see my brother, and many good friends. My non in-law adventures included:
**Hanging out with Stephen and his girlfriend Friday night. Woot! We watched We Bought a Zoo. So fun.
**Chili's reunion. You know who you are...I miss you!!! Thanks for driving down from the SLC for me. :)
**My runner buddies! I finally got to see so many of my old BYU teammates. It had been years since I had seen some of them. It was so great to catch up.
Now...for the pictures and the in-law adventures! Like I said, I went skiing 2 out of the 3 days I was there. I only took pictures skiing because my camera batteries died halfway through the trip.
I didn't have any ski gear, so I donned Dan's sweet spandex get-up from the 70's. Complete with suspenders. I had to criss-cross them so they wouldn't fall off!
(Truth be told, I really liked my outdated snow suit.)
Me and Don.
Don's family.
I have to post this video. It's just great. As a preface...I thought I was flying down the mountain. I was so scared, and I really thought I was getting out of control. HA! Check out the video of my "super fast" skiing.
I'm going so pokey!! I love Don's comments about my fears and inhibitions being gone. If he only knew how scared I was to fall, and that I would go to great physical and mental lengths to avoid falling down. What a gem of a video.
After skiing on my second day, we stopped in at the outlet mall for a mini shopping trip. Don's mom got me an early birthday present with some new running shoes and a tank top. Yay! Thank you for the gifts!
On top of the birthday gifts, we also exchanged Christmas gifts. (Back in December, we had collectively decided not to spend money on shipping this year...haha.). I got a cute new running top from my brother-in-law. Another yay! It looks like my running wardrobe is rapidly expanding.
The days went quickly, but we had a lot of fun. Skiing, eating, celebrating Dan's birthday, shopping, movies, and more.
Thanks for a great trip.
5 comments:
awesome! Glad you had a great time! Way to go! Tried skiing for a few minutes once - & it was so hard & gave up!
Oh my goodness! Why couldn't you be in Utah longer!?
Not gonna lie, you actually were going pretty fast in that video! Loved Don's commentary, he must be a great teacher because you looked great.
So fun. Awesome ski video! I can feel your intense concentration. It's an award-winning video that must be preserved! (... For extortion purposes later in life, that is. But, who will pay? You for the dare-devil skiing or Don for the riveting play-by-play? Maybe your kids can use it against the both of you?)
Haha. That video is great. I kept waiting for you to fall at the very end because that would have been epic. =) But, you stayed up. Way to go!
What a bummer I didn't get to see you but I understand how little time is available when you are trying to do so many things.
Hope you had a fun time and hopefully next time we might get to see you guys!
:) :) :) :) :)
Post a Comment