Sunday, September 8, 2013

Girl's Camp

I went to Girl's Camp a couple of weeks ago, and it was SO fun!  It's interesting, because going to Girl's Camp as a leader is definitely different than going as a camper.  As a wee youth, I never realized how much work was involved in putting the camp together.  I also never realized how much I dislike camping, or spiders.  Or dirty showers.  I came to really appreciate electricity.  These are all things that were lost on me as a camper in the good old days.

Despite the spiders, I truly had a complete blast.  I was a leader over the 4th years this year.  Two of my own wardies were in my group, so that was really fun!!!

We did SO many things!  I can't even begin to write about it all, so I will just list...

We built fires.  We made s'mores.  We learned first aid, and nature, and knots.  We sang songs.  We sang karaoke.  We shot guns.  We shot bow and arrows.  We hiked.  We read our scriptures.  We swam in the lake (Ok...I didn't swim, but everybody else did).   We had an awesome dance party.  We performed skits.  We cooked.  We cleaned.  We walked around in the dark.  A lot.  We shared testimonies.  We star-gazed.  We stole chips and cupcakes from the kitchen.  My idea.  We cleaned the bathrooms. We cheered.  We laughed.  We made new friends.  

Girl's Camp really is a unique and fun week.  Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!








This video got cut off, which I'm so sad about.  But I love love love! Sabrina's laugh in the beginning, and I want to remember it.  So, the video is staying in the post.









2 comments:

Jenna said...

so awesome that you guys kind of rough it. our girls camp has electricty & bathrooms with hot showers & flushing toilets...no firepits :( and they were fed meals cooked by the stake - little work, no play for our new jersey princesses ;) I know your girls probably LOVE you!

Desiree said...

The skit was amazing, Carolyn. You are SO creative. It looks like our girls bonded with each other and made new friends, that's so great.