Thursday, October 31, 2013

Beacon Hill *trick-or-treat*

So, I absolutely love Halloween.  I love dressing up.  I love handing out candy.  I love eating candy.  I love pumpkin carving and scary music.  I love haunted houses.  I love everything about this absurdly fun holiday.  Well, this year (ugh...as has been the case every year since we have been married), Don and I were not together on Halloween night.  Usually I'm the one working in the evenings, but it was his turn tonight.


Because of our opposite schedules, we made sure to carve pumpkins earlier in the week.  It was fun, and I'm so proud of our creative little jack-o-lanterns!  Don labored diligently to carve "Welcome" into pumpkin #1, and I carved my predictable goofy face into pumpkin #2.



Mimi = scary Halloween kitty.





While Don was working tonight, I met a group of friends from our ward in Beacon Hill.  Beacon Hill is known for its overwhelmingly fantastic Halloween traditions...and...it did not disappoint!  It was the most magical Halloween place I've ever been to!  It was wonderful!

For those who don't know, Beacon Hill is one the oldest sections of town.  Its streets are still made of imperfect cobblestones, some of the windows are still tinted a faint purple from their original glass, and gas street lamps line every sidewalk.  To say it's picturesque might be an understatement.  It is a site to see on a normal day, but during Halloween, these Boston natives go. all. out.

Ooooo....I loved it!  

Don where are you?!  I wish you could have been there!  You were the only thing missing from this perfect night!

Here are pictures of Boston's beautifully haunted Beacon Hill:

Ghosts & ghouls.


Of course, a haunted ocean.



Cobweb corner.


GO RED SOX!!!


This was pretty much Diagon Alley in real life.  but at night.  and creepier.


Come on in!  All doors are open.


Speaking of Red Sox GO RED SOX!, this is just your average statue in Beacon Hill, hanging out with a Red Sox GO RED SOX!  RED SOX NATION! jersey and a beard.  It's only natural.


Tonight was so much fun.  We wandered this quaint little neighborhood for about an hour and half.  Then I returned home to hand out my own candy in JP.  Let's just say that JP is a Halloween town in its own right.  My *five* bags of candy were gone in less than half an hour.  I thought five was a lot?!

Just in case you were wondering, Boston does Halloween right. 

2 comments:

Ann said...

Awesome! I love Beacon Hill Halloween! I love your Jack-O-Lanterns. "Welcome to Boston Halloween!"

Jenna said...

how cool! Halloween has really turned into one of my favorite holidays too - I think there's something extra special about the east coast & the fall - i love how much everyone gets into it out here. Gotta have decorations & mums to go with all the gorgeous trees