Tuesday, May 27, 2014

East Coast Adventures

Last weekend, I took a couple days off for a little East Coast road trip.  My friend from work was getting married down in Cape May, NJ, so I took the opportunity to visit family and friends along the way!

First stop on Thursday night:  New York, NY with Stephen and Darcee.  It was a short trip, but it was great to spend time with them, even for a little bit!  I got to go up and see Stephen's amazing office, go out to lunch with them, and just catch up with Darcee about the goings on of life.



We went to Dig Inn for lunch, and it was excellent.  They serve "all zeh fresh veggies" you can imagine. (Don, that one was for you.  Since you couldn't be there, I figured you could at least appreciate a good fresh vegetable reference.)


Second stop on Friday night:  Marlboro, NJ with Jenna and Tyrel.  It was exciting to finally be back in Marlboro visiting my runner friends!  (I used to travel by train for weekend stays when I lived in NY, and it was a nice trip down memory lane.)  While I was there, I took a tour of their lovely new house, went on a run, ate great food, played games, and hung out with their cute, cute kiddos.

*Photo to come!  It's on Don's phone*

And finally, my third stop on Saturday night:  Cape May, NJ for Jam Jam & Nick's wedding celebration!  The cute couple got married on the beach, and it was perfect in every way.  Afterwards, we danced all night long while eating our share of a whole roasted pig.  It was very Cuban of them, and very fun.

#capemayinmay









It was such a fun weekend, and I'm grateful for good friends and family to visit!

No comments: