We spent most of the morning prepping for our ward party, which we attended thereafter. It was quite fun, and fulfilled all of the requirements of a perfect summer gathering. We enjoyed good food, hung out with friends, played kickball, tossed water balloons, and of course, frolicked through fields of bubbles.
I mean...look at this guy.
I was going to crop out Osagu's arm, mercilessly showering us with her bubble gun, but something about it was just so...normal.
On Saturday night, Don and I got tickets to go see Art Garfunkel in concert. He was doing a small show at the Berklee Performance Center (Berklee concert = Boston bucket list #2). The concert was awesome, and it was really fun to see such a legend.
On the way to the concert, we grabbed a slice of pizza to go. Walking down the streets with our single slices made me feel like I was back in New York again!
When we got home, we both wanted to hear more. We ended up watching the entire 1981 Simon & Garfunkel reunion concert held in Central Park. It was awesome! I highly recommend watching this concert. It is something amazing to see them perform together. It's so beautiful.
The Sound of Silence is one of my absolute favorite S&G songs. Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8ClnMMSZw
We learned quite a bit about the duo, and Mr. Garfunkel even did a Q&A session during the concert. It turns out that this 1981 reunion concert in Central Park was the 7th largest concert ever recorded. In all of music history. Over 500,000 people in attendance.
Summer has officially begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment