So, we decided to crash the concert for freebies. We packed blankets and pillows, and stopped by our favorite falafel place to pick up wraps for dinner (the first thing we ate when we moved to Fenway 3 years ago!).
When we got to Fenway, we found the perfect spot to lay out our blankets. There was nobody there, and we were about 30 feet from the outside wall of the ballpark.
About 15 minutes before the concert started, we saw a gate open right in front of us, and a bunch of guys holding instruments piled into a Mercedes (complete with mini motorcade) and drove off. One of the guys was holding a saxaphone, and I know it was Billy Joel's band. I mean, we heard a saxaphone as soon as the music started playing.
We had a great time listening to the music and just hanging out. I think Don knew every word to every song.
And I tried. :)
Boston, we are loving you this year! Keep up the good work.
#bostonsummer2014
2 comments:
Sweet deal for a concert in the park! (Yummy falafel.... I remember!)
Jealous!! That is great! Look at you guys checking things off your bucket list like you mean it!
Post a Comment