Last Saturday, we realized mid-way through the day that Jamaica Plain was hosting "Porchfest 2014". Porchfest is basically a huge festival where musicians sit and play music on their porches all afternoon long! People come from far and wide to wander through the neighborhood and stop by whichever porches/musicians suit their fancy.
We spent the afternoon moseying around JP, listening to awesome music. Don and I both really love live music, so this was a pretty sweet afternoon.
Our first stop was just down the street. It was a group of older musicians, singing and playing banjos, guitars, and harmonicas. The lead singer described their music perfectly when he prefaced his song with this:
"I like to call our next song the 'Cowboy Song'. Now...if you listen real close, you can actually hear the horses trotting down the dirt road, off into the sunset."
Love them.
For dinner, Don had a great idea to bike over to Cambridge to get falafel wraps. I've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies, so I was stoked to try "Falafel Palace". Also, I'm super into anything involving my bike with a basket.
Bikes and veggies. It's so JP of us.
For our next weekending adventure...Revere Beach and the Sand Sculptures!
#bostonsummer2014
No comments:
Post a Comment