Last Tuesday, on *August 5th, 2014*, Don called me at work to let me know that he had officially passed the Boards!! He studied like crazy for months leading up to the test, and he was so nervous about it. But, as expected, he passed with flying colors.
Don is always talking about the next car he wants us to buy when he is done with his Fellowship. (I love that "the" dream car changes like, everyday). When I started thinking about what I could get him on the way home from work, all I could think about was how much he wants a new car.
So, I went to CVS, bought him a toy car, and wrote him the following sentiments in a card:
"Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you!! As a celebratory gift, I went ahead and bought you the new car you've always wanted. Hope you like the color. Love, Carolyn"
He laughed, and took a pic with his new silver BMW.
I took a second picture right after the first, and before I knew it, he was yawning instead of smiling. Haha...oh the tired life of a doctor.
To celebrate the occasion, Don wanted to get burgers and fries. We went to Five Napkin Burgers in the city, "splurged" on an appetizer of fried pickles, and enjoyed some amazing burgers.
On our way home, we walked by the Christian Science Church, which turned out to be a beautiful photo.
It was a great night for celebrating. Congratulations Don! You deserve this so so much.
2 comments:
Congrats! Well deserved
I'm sure it won't get dull to hear more congratulations on your fantastic accomplishment… Congratulations Don!
Post a Comment