Wednesday, September 24, 2014

#Slamtime2014

A couple of weeks ago, my very best friend from high school got married!!  It was one of my most anticipated weekends of fun, and it did not disappoint.  I was so excited and honored to be a part of her wedding, and I could not wait for the chance to actually go back to Texas!  Don also took the weekend off, so he finally got a much overdue tour of the beloved home state.

It was a weekend filled with laughter, love, and so many of my favorite memories.

For Munse...I documented just a handful of new memories to add to our repertoire:

-  "The Bird Strike"
-  GroupMe-WhiteDress-Mall-BlitzFrenzy
-  Nail filing those Jenga blocks...
-  "So...when does it become Electric?"

#Slamtime2014  (Scott Ludwig + Allison Munse = Slam.  So, Allison made this up...and no, I'm still not over how clever this is.  Which is why it's in the blog.)

Congratulations Scott and Allison!!  Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding weekend!!




     


This is a picture with our other good high school friend, Christian.  It was so fun to see her again!  She can bring a smile to anyone's face.  It's always amazing to me how we can all just pick up where we left off, like no time has passed.  I love that.



Before the wedding, I had a couple of hours to show Don around Plano!  Yay!!  Because my parents moved from Texas when I was in college, Don has never had a chance to actually visit my home town.  I was brimming with excitement to show him the house where I grew up, my high school, where I used to run, my church, etc. etc.

{Oh how happy I was to wake up to a bonafide Texas waffle at my hotel continental breakfast! Texas never disappoints.}


Welcome to Plano West Senior High School.




We snuck into the girl's locker room to see if my name was still painted on the wall...and it is!!!  I can't believe it!  How long until they paint this over?!

I hope never.


My lovely home.  My lovely neighborhood.  I just love this place.


My lovely street.


And last but not least, I got to run with some of my favorite and best runner buddies of all time.  Bedells...I miss you!  To finally run together again was the best possible way I could have started my morning.  I forgot how much I miss hanging out with you...oh the memories!

Come visit us in Boston, ok?!  Great.

2 comments:

Lyndsy said...

LOVED our run!! So glad you had a great weekend in Texas. And I am already planning a Boston weekend!! Miss you!!

And I can not believe our names are still on that wall! greatness!

Erin said...

YES PLEASE!!!!!