Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Parade of Homes

I've been slowly but surely catching up on our summer blogging...We've been doing some fun things, I just haven't been documenting them!

One of our more splendid adventures from the summer was "house hopping" our way through the Parade of Homes.  It was so fun to see all of the innovative architecture and design.

The biggest home we went to was 9,900 Sq. Ft., and it had a 13 car garage.  Thir-teeen.  Cars.  It was called the "San Diego Ocean Estate", so naturally, it was located in the very mountainous terrain of Big Cottonwood Canyon?  I mean, there was a river running through the middle of the house, and a pool, and a hot tub...so maybe those count as ocean.





We also got to explore the miniature "playhouses", which were really cool, but also kind of weird.  Playhouses are structurally and architecturally sound, fully functional mini-homes that are designed and built by home builders.  They cost anywhere from a couple thousand dollars to the most expensive one that we saw which was $12,000.  Yikes! 

Oh, and their purpose:  to function as a very wealthy/very little person's backyard play place.  Or... as our new starter home.  Either one.  :)

The playhouse we took a picture with cost $8,000.  


Inside the mini-home!  Notice the amazing mini-chandelier hanging above the amazing mini-staircase.



And finally, I wanted to throw in my favorite design picture from the day.  It's just a simple dining room space, but I thought it's execution was impeccable.

This home was the perfect blend of simple and elegant, modern and classic.  So pretty.


Until next year, Parade of Homes!

No comments: