Just shortly after we found out that I was pregnant, Don took a new job in St. George, Utah. Early in our marriage, we had always talked about St. George as being a good "compromise" city because it felt like a place where we could both be happy. We've since learned to be much wiser and kinder to one another, and I'm so glad that our decision to move no longer felt like a compromise for either of us. Instead, it was just a decision that we made together as we try to navigate what is best for our growing family.
To be honest, we're not sure it was the right decision...the jury is still out on that. Don's job is turning out to be exactly what we thought it wouldn't be. Rough. But anyway. Leaving Pittsburgh was hard for us. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, Pittsburgh deserves its very own post. I'll save #allthefeels for later. For now, I want to celebrate new adventures and look at lots of pictures of our house! Long story short, we sold our Lawrenceville house, sold our rental, and bought a new house in St. George all within the span of four months. Yikes!
(p.s. It is not fun to keep a house clean for showings when you're super nauseous and having migraines and have an almost two year old running around and a husband who just had ankle surgery and can't walk or drive but still has to get to work somehow. Heeeeeeey, 2020! We survived!)
We absolutely looooooved our Pittsburgh house and neighborhood. It was the first house we'd ever bought, and it was definitely one-of-a-kind. It was an urban Lawrenceville rowhome, and it just had so much history and character! It was built in 1856, and when the builder renovated it, he kept a lot of the original details. A majority of the brick was original, there was an original window in the mudroom, the living room wall was repurposed from the original attic floor, and the beautiful staircase was original too! Not only that, but we turned the basement into a business by renting it out as an Airbnb, which is something we're still really proud of. It was a lot of work, but it went really well. I was even a 5-star superhost for all four years (I still haven't deleted my Airbnb app or profile because I'm too emotionally attached to it)!
There is something special about a first house, and our little blue home on the corner was no exception.
4127 Foster Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201. We love you forever.
{Basement Airbnb}















No comments:
Post a Comment