Thursday, March 18, 2021

take a hike.

St. George is known for its red rock bluffs, and we haven't wasted any time getting out to explore.  We've had so much fun taking Auggie on some easy hikes and quickly discovered that he's an excellent rock climber!  

On our first hike here, Don mentioned that he looked like a little mountain goat.  Well, Auggie thought that was the best description of himself.  He started cheering himself on under his breath while he climbed,  "I'm a mountain goat, mountain goat, mountain goat, I'm a mountain goat!" aaaaaall the way up the cliffside.  It was the funniest, best thing to watch.  Ever since then, we've added 'mountain goats' into our hiking vernacular, and now we say "who wants to go do mountain goats?!".

I love exploring the red rock and often find myself wondering if it will ever get old?  Somehow, I don't think so.

{first sand experience}
This was Auggie's first time playing in the red sand!  He loves sand.  The hiking trails here are all sandy, which means we often don't make it very far before Auggie decides it's more fun to sit down and play than to actually walk :).
{first family hike}
This was the hike where we discovered Auggie's love for climbing...this was the original "mountain goat" hike!
{solo hike with two kids}
After Owen was born, I took both kids out for a hike by myself and felt very brave doing it!  We went to Pioneer Park and spent the morning scrambling up the rocks, ate lunch at the top, and had an absolute blast.  
{williams family hike}



No comments: