We had a chance to go back to Pittsburgh in March for a friend's wedding, and it was so so much fun. But also, oh my heart! It could burst with how much I love this city!
We stayed in Lawrenceville, just two blocks from our old house. Everything just felt like home, and I was back running my all-time favorite 8-mile run in no time...across the 40th street bridge from Lawrenceville, onto the river trail, through the trees, past the kayaks and out to his view of the city. One more mile brings you under the yellow bridges and along the water, past PNC Park to Heinz Field, right to the statue of Mr. Rogers for the turnaround. It almost felt like we'd never left.
First stop was brunch with our old neighbors and good friends, Keith and Chal, at Geppetto Cafe. And of course, the door with the special noses that tiny Auggie loved to "honk" as we passed by on our daily walks.
It's not Lawrenceille without an almond croissant and a prosciutto sandwich from La Gourmandine. iykyk.

Random, but I love this memory from our Lawrenceville Airbnb. The boys did so well snuggling and reading together before bed one night. A sweet Pittsburgh souvenir for my mama heart.
Then it was a solo afternoon downtown, exploring with just me and the littles. Don flew back for work after the weekend, and I stayed an extra five days to help my parents in Cleveland.
{the yellow bridges}
{PNC tower & market square}

There are some places my heart will just never get over. I hope life always brings us back to these yellow bridges and to our friends who still call them home. Until next time, Pittsburgh! See yinz later!








No comments:
Post a Comment