In September, Don and I ran the Cedar City Half Marathon together. In the last however many years, we've tried three times to run a half marathon together but something has always gone wrong. You can tell from the pictures that I'm just so happy to be on the start line!
Don has started to run quite a bit more than he used to, so we were both pretty excited to see how fast he could run. He wanted to go all out for time. The plan was for me to pace him to a PR so we could actually run together.
We did just that, and Don flew. Our first mile was a 5:53, and Don held a 6:10-ish pace until the last two miles!!! I was so so so excited for him. I knew at mile 9 that it was going to be a good one, but it wasn't until mile 11 that I realized we were going to break 1:23. The whole time, Don just kept cruising. He ended up with a huge PR and 3rd place for his age group. I mean, Don showed up.
This is one of my all-time favorite running memories. I know it's cheesy, but it was awesome to run with the person I love and watch him crush it. It was a great day.
Final Stats:
13.1 miles
1:22.14
6:18/mile





No comments:
Post a Comment