Tuesday, November 19, 2024

Auggie's 6th Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Auggie!  Six years old and thriving!  Thriving is Auggie's word of the year.  If I could pick one word to describe how he feels about life right now, that would be it.  He is absolutely thriving.  Thriving with friends, thriving in school, thriving in learning, thriving in all the things! 

Now, Auggie story time.  

While we were driving from Brianhead, Don was randomly listening to Don Quixote on audiobook.  The boys seemed kind of interested in it, which we thought was cute.  Fast forward to the summer when I shared the Man of La Mancha soundtrack with the boys one day.  Honestly, I didn't think much of it and definitely didn't think they would care about it.  But oooohhh was I in for a treat!  Auggie instantly and completely fell in love with everything.  The music, the intensity, the bravery, the entire character of Don Quixote...fearless and true, knight errant!  He requested the music so much that he had the words to most songs memorized in a few short weeks.  Not only that, but he had already begun planning, in perfect detail, our family Halloween costumes as well as his birthday party theme.  

It was a Don Quixote year for sweet Auggie.  His birthday party was a blast, and he invited all of his neighborhood and kindergarten friends.  They paraded around the backyard with foam swords on an obstacle course quest...to defeat Don!  The party was a success, and it sure was fun to see Auggie share his love of Don Quixote (not a popular theme for either Halloween or birthday parties at the kindergarten age 😂) with all of his friends.
Some Auggie 2024 Highlights:

-  Starting basketball!
-  Starting Velocity cross country!
Loved the Magic Treehouse Books
-  Playing the game "Dr. Henry" at recess and basically being a recess ring-leader.
-  Stealing candy in the mornings before I wake up....
-  Favorite Lullaby every night:  Raindrops on Roses with neck rubs.
-  Don Quixote and Harry Potter

Favorite Auggie Quotes:

"That gotta be..."
"Miskits Market" instead of "Misfits Market"
"Bath-tized" instead of "Baptised"
"How many times do I have to tell you that!  I've told you a million times!" My little parrot...oops.
"Mom:  Do you know how cute you are?  Auggie: Yeeaaah...I've see me in the mirror."
"When I'm a teenager, I'm going to set off fireworks when it's NOT a firework night!!!!!!"  :)

No comments: