Wednesday, November 20, 2024

A Don Quixote Halloween!

Halloween was so fun this year.  We have a crazy trick-or-treating neighborhood that's always a huge party, and we love it!  

Our theme this year was, of course, Don Quixote!  Like I mentioned before, Auggie had been planning for this allll summer long.  He got Owen on board with being his cute little sidekick very early on; a role that Owen assumed both enthusiastically and without hesitation.  

The best part wasn't even our costumes though.  It was the kids' dedication to learning every word to the Man of La Mancha soundtrack.  The two of them practiced together daily (and entirely unprompted) until they could sing not only each song to perfection, but also a broadway worthy rendition of the "I, Don Quixote" duet!  The transitions between their parts was seamless, and they mastered the round of the final verse with exactness.  Very proud.  Very impressed 😆.  "Impossible Dream" was another emotional crowd pleaser.

Side note:  If you want a feel-good-pick-me-up, just google "Brian Stokes Mitchell sings Impossible Dream during Covid", and watch the news clips.  I shed a tear.

Happy Halloween from Don Quixote, Sancho Panza, Dulcinea, and the Barber!

No comments: