Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's fun to be on the East Coast

Oh, this post is so long overdue...! Several weeks ago, my good friends, Katie D and Janna, came to visit me for a weekend! It was great to see them, it had been far too long.


We had the most fascinating luck at the In the Heights lottery (Broadway Musical). On Saturday afternoon, 5 of us decided to try our luck at winning the coveted front row tickets.


The procedure is that each person writes their name, and whether they want 1 or 2 tickets, on a piece of paper. Then they put this slip of paper in a bag. After all the papers are in, a lady calls 11 names as winners of these super cheap tickets.

Well...it was just our luck that all 5 of us got tickets! This means that out of the 11 names that were called, our group claimed 3 of those names. This also means that we proudly represented 27% of the total winners! Success!

I was an unlucky...my name didn't get called. :( Thanks to the 3 luckies though, we still all got tickets.

In addition to an amazing Broadway Show, we spent our time eating great New York food and wandering the streets. We also went on a Harbor Cruise with my Stake to see the New York sights.

Oh, and I rode in a Limo for the first time ever!


In this same weekend, my other good friend, Amanda, was in New York with her family. I went out to dinner with the Kizerians, which is always hilarious and entertaining.


A couple weeks later, I went down to New Jersey to visit another good friend, Jenna. We spent the day at the beach!

I love beaches.

Thank you Jenna for generously housing me yet again! :)

Although I can't deny that I do love Texas, I willingly admit that it's very fun to be on the East Coast!

3 comments:

Janna said...

I love the east coast too!! I can't wait to come visit you again!

Marissa said...

Top Picture - You are glowing and you look foxy. You look more mature and grown up and established... in a hot kind of way.

LOVE YOU!
Also - DC misses you... share some East Coast love this direction...

Kight Family said...

My Turn!!!!!!! I want to be apart of the cool kids and visit you!!!!!

Oh but wait--- I have a family to take care of and we are poor poor poor!!!!!

Well, maybe one day!

You sure look like you are having lots of fun. Hope the visitors keep you busy.