Thursday, July 16, 2009

The River Trip

I am behind on my posts...oh dear.

Two weeks ago, I packed my bag and flew to California! Some friends of mine had invited me a while back to join them for some serious river rafting over the Fourth of July weekend. I didn't think that I could take off from work, but somewhere in between a couple late night red-eye flights (and a terribly sleepy Monday at work) I successfully made the trip!

And I am SO glad that I went. All right, this list will take a little endurance to read...

Reasons to love my river rafting weekend:

  • Sun
  • Gourmet food

  • Beautiful river
  • Scary rapids

  • Sun
  • The one-and-only David Trichler

  • Hearts
  • Spades

  • Sandy beaches
  • Learning to use oars

  • Rock skipping
  • Rock balancing

  • Sun
  • The one-and-only Austin Baird


  • No work
  • Camping
  • Homemade swings

  • Bocce ball
  • More sun
  • Mini road trips



  • Sleeping under the stars
  • Rock castles


  • Falling off the raft
  • Twice
  • Swimming
  • Very mini cliff jumping
  • New friends
  • Santa Barbara
  • Really cute river shoes
  • Sleeping bags


  • Abandoned gas stations
  • Breaking and entering
  • Sleep
  • Even more sun

  • Tan
  • Nature

  • Laughing
  • A lot

  • In-n-out
  • Memorable photos

  • A whole lot of fun

6 comments:

Marissa said...

I didn't know it was possible... but I'm pretty sure I love you just a little bit more after this post. Why?

1 - you posted
2 - you're adorable
3 - you're witty
4 - you mixed it up by posting a trip in the form of a list (my kind of logic)
5 - you like a good adventure
6 - you're my favorite
7 - you owned a river
8 - you somehow design gorgeous clothes AND go river rafting
9 - you look like that in a bathing suit
10 - (not related to this post)you're coming to visit me :)

LOVE YOU!

Coopers said...

that looked like a lot of fun. i have never been "real" river rafting. but maybe one day.
and i am so glad that you got to come enjoy some of the california sun!

Kight Family said...

Now that looks like some serious fun!!! One day maybe I will go river rafting but it just seems a bit scary and normally river water is cold so I just stick to what I know is warm, Lake Powell. And having you at Powell would be a ton of fun!!! Maybe one day.

Keep up the posting!!!!!!

Shauna said...

that looks like soo much fun!!

Jenna said...

Wow! That looks/sounds like another great adventure. So glad you were able to escape to do that!

Lyndsy said...

so fun! how about you come visit us in Texas..come to our lake house...not quite like river rafting but still a blast! miss you!