Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Visit from my Bro

This past weekend, my brother, Stephen, came to NYC to visit me. It was so much fun! I really enjoyed having him here. We did some New York-ish things, but for the most part, he just jumped right into my regular schedule.


On Thursday night, we won tickets to In the Heights! I confess that I bring all of my visitors to see In the Heights. It's that fantastic.

On Friday night, we played basketball with some people in the Ward. There's just something about basketball. Quebes love it.

Then, on Saturday, we walked around the city for a while. We went to the Apple store and FAO Schwarz. That night, we went with some of my friends to dinner at Pommes Frites. Pommes Frites is a Belgian fry restaurant where they only serve...fries! Yum.


On Sunday, a group of us decided to have a picnic at Riverside Park. It was dry for the first ten minutes, and then it completely downpoured...Here we are, post hurricane.



This could have been devastating to our picnic, but it actually made it much better. I happen to love rain, so I thought it was great fun when everyone, and everything, got completely soaked to the core.

(I did, however, protect the fruit salad. Russell was very surprised that I was able to do so.)

Unfortunately, on Monday, I had to work :( So Stephen wandered the city sans me.

Once again, another great weekend. They just keep coming.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

ooo I love it! Stephen's adventures part 2 coming soon... (this week... sometime)...

Shauna said...

awww...sounds like so much fun!! and, hooray for winning the ITH lottery--soo good.

jenny said...

Yay for Stephen visiting. Sounds like y'all had fun!

Also, I just wanted you to know that I have high hopes of us being roommates and future besties. I would LOVE for you to make my wedding dress! I am still looking for a job. Sigh. I'll keep you posted.