Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Recycled Ties? Yes, Please!

One day when my boss was cleaning out his office, he found a huge, old banner with our company's ex logo on it. This banner...what a gem! My boss didn't want to get rid of it because it had sentimental value, yet he refused to keep it given its ridiculous proportions and useless logo.

By this time, I had begun to formulate multiple possibilites for recycling the aformentioned out-of-date banner. I told him I would gladly take it off his hands and turn it into something small and useful for him. He accepted without hesitation. Thank goodness I have a trusting boss.

I present to you my first ever attempt at making a tie....and....success!




Notice how very sentimental it is. How compact it is. How useful it is.

(Turns out every single male in my office refused to wear it today...even in jest, it was 100% refused. Perhaps it will remain useless...)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Those boys are no fun at ALL. I think this is UH-MAZING. What a great idea--did your boss at least commend you for creativity?!

jenny said...

I think it rocks. You're on to something.

Jenna said...

that is so awesome! can't believe no one would wear it! I hope you did.

Marissa said...

I LOVE it! And now you have a pattern/idea to use to make an Africa tie... YES!

Andy said...

Psh, all the guys you work with must be prudes or something, I'd wear a tie like that. I think it's pretty awesome.

David said...

I still love this tie. Even after giving it a month to think about it.