Sunday, September 20, 2009

Winter called, he's coming to stay.

Summer, why are you leaving New York so soon?! It seems like you just barely got here. I don't know if I am strong enough to endure another visit from Winter. He's so cold, and dark, and...wet. Ugh, not to mention, sooo high maintenance. Always needing layers of jackets, and gloves, and hats! Too. complicated. Although, I do admit that Winter has great style, but I still dread his arrival.

Oh Summer, everybody loves you so much! Don't you realize that people come to New York, just to see you!

We had so many good times together, I didn't even have time to post about all of them. But now is my chance. Now that you are leaving us, I don't want you to forget all that we did while you were here. You know, I wish you and Winter could bunk here at the same time, but we all know how well you two get along...Maybe someday you could like each other? Perhaps you can help Winter be a little warmer, and, maybe Winter can show you a couple tricks with his snowflakes?

Anyway, it's just that, it took so much convincing to get you here this year...you scared me! I mean, you didn't even get here until the end of July. Just promise you'll be back soon. Promise?

Well, I won't let you forget me. Not a chance.

Do you remember when we went to the American Ballet Theatre? I was obsessed with those chandeliers. Ironically enough, they reminded me of, well, snowflakes.


Oh yeah, and Shakespeare in the Park! I was so excited about it because Anne Hathaway was one of the main characters. We camped out all. night. long....from 9 pm on Friday night until 1 pm on Saturday, just to get those tickets. Haha, we were so crazy.


I forgot how much you loved Central Park. Just the next week we went back to see the Philharmonic in concert. Oh! That was the night of that rainstorm, and it poured. So. Fun.

You and I got to go to a Mets game too! Russell was nice enough to get us tickets. We ate hot dogs, and chanted baseball things from the stands. "baseball things"?! Baseball never really was my sport now was it...

And we can't forget tennis lessons on the Lower Eastside. Or Harry Potter! I looked forward to your arrival for so long because I knew you'd bring HP with you. So thoughtful.

Do you remember when Russell, you and I took a trip down to Coney Island? That was a blast. Why were you so scared of being in the pictures?! Thank goodness Russell and I took some good ones, so at least we have those. But you really have to get over the non-picture thing. How am I supposed to remember what you look like?


Last but not least, the U.S. Open. You know we were really lucky to get those tickets, right? We saw Andy Roddick and Maria Sharapova play. And we saw Alec Baldwin in the stands! I'm glad you could go to that. I can't go to things like this with Winter. He hates being outside.


Well, I can't tell you how glad I am that you came to visit us this year. I sure am sad to see you go. I am learning to like Winter, I really am.

I'll start with the good things. Holidays, hot chocolate, and cuddling.

All right Winter, I'm ready for you.

6 comments:

Robin Pedrero said...

That was a great post!!! You write wonderfully!

Robin Pedrero said...

Yes! The answer is yes I do sell my art on etsy and 1000 markets
Online venues:
Art for sale on Etsy ~ http://RobinMariaPedrero.etsy.com
1000 markets ~ http://www.1000markets.com/users/avisualjourney

Thank you for stopping by and raving about my art I am so thrilled you like it!!

jenny said...

Winter is great as long as it's not in UTAH! I only like looking at snow through frosted windows. I hate driving in it, being in it, walking in it. It's miserable. It's only pretty to look at.

You had a fun summer! And I SWEAR they schedule that philharmonic concert on days they know it will rain. It rained when I tried to go too! Ridiculous.

Stacy T said...

Atleast in NYC you get all FOUR seasons, unlike Texas where we get two. Fall and Spring are just a myth down here...but you get to enjoy them!

Robynn said...

Oh Carolyn, how fun to find your Blog on Jenny's, It's Sister T.O. here! I love that you live in NYC! Have you seen Elder T.O. there? He LOVES New York City too. What an adventure you are having. I'm so happy for you! Love, Sis T.O.

Aleks and Amy Layne said...

My parents were at the US Open too, I should have told them to come say hi to you- my mom asks about you all the time!