Sunday, September 6, 2009

Q & A

My best friend Allison came to visit me in NYC this week!

I. Love. This. Girl.


Turns out New York pretty much loves her too. I have already had requests for her return...and she's only been gone since this afternoon.

I actually had to work a half day on Friday, so Allison bravely made her way from the Newark Airport to Penn Station solo, which is quite the accomplishment.

I gave Allison a quick tour of my office before we headed home with her suitcase. On the way home, we stopped at Mood to check out the famous Project Runway fabric store.

That night, we decided to try our luck at the In the Heights lottery! So....if you look at my old blog posts, you will notice that I bring all of my visitors to the In The Heights lottery. This entry is ITH's third time being referenced on my blog. Reasons being, it is one of the best Broadway plays out there, and who knows why, but we always win the lottery! This was the fourth time I have seen this play lottery-style. I will continue to see it with every visitor. Amazing.

On Saturday morning, we ran through Central Park. Can I just say that running is by far the quickest, most efficient, most enjoyable way to see Central Park. Forget the rickshaws (Rickshaw: a mode of human-powered transport: a runner draws a two-wheeled cart which seats one or two persons.) and horse tours. Just run.

Here we are taking pictures at the Enchanted bridge.

"How does she knooooooooooooowwwww...you love her?!"

"How does she knoooooooooooowwwwww....you care?!"

Ah Giselle. You are so fun to imitate.

That afternoon, we went down to Canal Street to shop for cheap jewelry and purses. I learned something about myself. I find haggling thoroughly entertaining, and not embarassing at all. I am proud to say that for the both of us, I saved $19 on two items with my new found haggling skills! Allison ended up with a cute yellow purse, and I left with a new feather headband. Hooray!

We also went to Pinkberry to get frozen yogurt. Always a treat.


On Saturday night, we tried for the Wicked Lottery, but to no avail.

There are sooo many more people that show up for the Wicked Lottery. It was ok though because we ended up going to Juniors for dinner, and then over to a friend's house to watch the end of the BYU football game. I am sure all of you know that BYU won. Sweet victory!

After such a success, we had to celebrate with a gloriously large cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop. Oh-so-tasty.

Crumbs was closing at 11, and we didn't really finish celebrating the win until 10:45 or so. We really wanted a cupcake, so we bolted out of the apartment and sprinted down the street calling taxis as we went. We found one and jumped in, urging the driver to press quickly on towards the bakery. Pretty sure the taxi driver thought we were nuts. I think he drove us there so quickly not because of our persistant reminders that the bakery was closing, but more so because he wanted us out of his taxi.

Either way, we made it in just enough time to buy and eat our cupcakes before they closed. Success!

My great friends never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the memories!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Aawww so fun! I need to GET A JOB and move back.

Crumbs is so good. There was one by my office and I went like ev-er-y-day.

And I never ever won the Wicked Lotto in NY. I entered SO MUCH. It's ridiculous.p

David said...

Correct - cute headband.