Our Stake had a Pinewood Derby race on Saturday night, and due to my friend Russell's contagious enthusiasm about the event, my roommate Vanessa and I decided to enter a car. Russell refuses to admit that he had anything to do with our car, but he really did. Here is the breakdown:
Carolyn – Bought the car
Russell – Carved the car
Carolyn – Decorated the car
Russell – Attached the wheels
Vanessa – Named the Car
Vanessa – Placed and secured the weights
Even though Russell built our car...I just can't diminish the power and strength that come from the proper decoration and naming of a car. In fact, these two elements could arguably be the most important factors of any given car's racing abilities.
You see, our little car won.
We won! Stuart (named by V, of course) took home the #1 gold trophy!!
Yep. Our Stuart. He blew the competition out of the water! Ah, and let me not forget the final contributing factor to his glorious win. Stuart was sporting a one-of-a-kind Anthropologie tissue paper decoupage finish.
A sleek, beautiful, Anthro-veneer. What derby wouldn't win with that sort of decoration?!

His only two rivals throughout the night were Sylvia and Huey (Also appropriately named by V). Sylvia took second and Huey placed third. Huey was Russell and Eric's car. Russell made Huey, but he failed to decorate him. Huey never really had a chance without an Anthro tissue paper finish though. Luckily he had V's naming blessing, or he may not have even gotten third. That's what we think anyway.
There is still time for Huey to become a number one car. His design really is flawless. He just lacked self confidence, that's all. I wouldn't want to race completely bare either. :(
Huester, with a little TLC and a trip to the body shop, you'll be a winner in no time!
Big Win #2
Now, on a completely unrelated note, I have to share the following picture. My friend Sandylee made the most amazing cupcakes!
Big Win #2
Now, on a completely unrelated note, I have to share the following picture. My friend Sandylee made the most amazing cupcakes!
How incredible are these? They look like they came straight from Ace of Cakes. And, please notice the blue "chalk". This too is homemade and delightfully edible.
If I ever have a pool party of the billiard type, I am going to commission Ms. Sandylee to make many more beautiful cupcakes.
Big. win.
7 comments:
Huey likes racing in the nude, I'll have you know. He likes the feel of the wind on his skin. But seeing as he lost, I don't think he'd mind a trip to Anthropologie at this point either....
so basically Russell did everything that mattered. :)
oooh im such a hasty commenter. I didnt even read the rest of the post! i take it back! Russell had NOTHING to do with our win!!
Nothing makes me more happy than ACE OF CAKES! I love love love that show and watch it each week. It is on at 11pm here in Utah on Thursday night and even though I suffer from sleep depression the next day - boy is it worth ever minute to me!
Awesome. Love it. Way to go.
It's Tawny- love your blog...finally started ours. Congrats on the win! :) It's fun to see what you've been up to! Miss ya!
you are hilarious. period.
Post a Comment