Monday, October 19, 2009

DC Marathon

I promised myself that I would never run another marathon. Ever.

Yeah...I lied.

I quite underestimated how badly I would want to race again. I also quite underestimated my competitive spirit. I read recently on a former teammate's blog that she competed in the St. George Marathon and broke the 3 hour mark. She also has three children, which makes this time even more incredible! In-cred-i-ble.

If she can do it, so can I, right?!

Well, I am going to have to try because I just signed up for the DC Marathon in March.

3:09.50? Done and done.

10 comments:

Marissa said...

poster board - check!
paint - check!
megaphone - asking around
LOUD CAT CALLS - CHECK!

This is going to be magical! You know I'm there!

chelsea mckell said...

HAha! The thirst for racing is never quenched! I told myself the same thing after each marathon. Is that Jami you're talking about? Kristen and Inga did St. George too and got amazing times. GOOD LUCK on your marathon prep! That's a lot of miles - take good care of your legs!

Kight Family said...

You go girl!!!!!!
The urge to run is too strong for you to resist!!!!!

Good Luck and work hard.

I know you can do it!!!!

Coopers said...

Wow. It's a good thing that I have never ran one, or I might also have to sign up for one too!
Just don't hurt yourself!

Strong Clan said...

Hold on to your hats - she is going to break 3 hours! No problem!
My Dad and Brother are running the NYC marathon on November 1st. Are you going to watch it? I wish I could come out and see them run it! They are racing for my mama!

Jami said...

Quebes, you are so cute. There is no doubt in my mind that you can go well under three hours. And just for the record, if that was me that you were talking about, I am the least impressive of all of the girls. It took me several tries to break three. :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

jenny said...

If I am living in New York by then, I am coming to cheer with Marissa.

Jenna said...

oh boy carolyn. i just realized i have no more prego belly excuses. you better hope i don't get any crazy itching to join you - that's such a scary thought to me

Unknown said...

Good for you! Inspired by my former Stake President--I have a life goal to never run a marathon. You're incred!

The Bybees said...

I'm planning on running a Marathon this spring! I'll have to talk to you about some training. I would love to go sub 3 as well if I could! It may take a couple tries though.