Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We couldn't be happier!

All right, we could be happier. Never put a cap on the possibilities of happiness. However, as of this very moment, I am pretty. darn. happy.

Do you remember that blogpost where I reveled in my new-found haggling skills? Well, I put them to use once again. Except this time, the fruits of said labors saved our apartment...

$450.00 on rent!...a month. $450. per month.

Can you believe that? I just asked. I said, hey, we would love to stay but we can find something much, much cheaper. I gave them a ballpark figure, and that was that. I had no idea it was that easy!

Now is the time, my New York friends, to ask for cheaper rent.

I thought I was happy about getting a discount price for a headband, but this, this is just wonderful.

What a blessing.

5 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

nice! Yeah, seriously - people don't realize that almost every pricetag is negotiable. It takes some guts to ask... but what's the worst they can say?! No! Then you continue the haggling...

Jenna said...

WHOA! That is so awesome! Find us a place that cheap and we're there. :)

Lyndsay Budge said...

Wow! That's amazing! I didn't think it was possible to get rent that cheap in New York! Way to go!

Coopers said...

NICE WORK! I love getting things for a better price. Your roommates must love you even more! (Is that even possible?)
Blessing for sure.

jenny said...

Way to go. This is precisely the type of thing that I suck at in life.