Sunday, January 17, 2010

24 on the horizon

My roomate Vanessa turned 25 last month, and as a tribute to her 25-ness, she created a "bucket list" of sorts (she's not dying). Her list includes 25 things she wants to do or accomplish while she is 25.

(To see her list, click on vanessa hobbs on my friend blog list)

I think this is a great idea, and I am going to do the same thing. So, when I turn 24 in March, I will begin my list of 24.

24 things that I want to buy, do, be, start or finish while I am 24.

1. cook a wonderful home cooked meal
2. get a tan at a beach
3. buy one complete anthro outfit - no price range
4. break 3 hours for a marathon
5. make the best chocolate chip cookies
6. go on a roadtrip
7. grow a pretty plant. with flowers.
8. read a classic novel
9. become a great tennis player
10. hang a piece of art that i made
11. learn to love being photographed
12. go to the statue of liberty
13. walk in memphis
14. bake and decorate my favorite sugar cookies
15. learn to curl my hair
16. go to the whitney
17. get side bangs & dye my hair
18. make early bedtime a habit
19. learn artists and see their art in museums
20. spring clean
21. read an ensign article each week
22. fall in love
23. go to south street seaport
24. vacation in europe

Any more ideas? 25 will be here before I know it.

10 comments:

Jenna said...

be glad to help you with the tan and I think I have a cookie recipe that is pretty darn good too. Great talking to you today!

Russell Shaffer said...

I can help you with at least three of those things. I'll let you decide which ones. (But I'll give you a hint: it's NOT spring cleaning....)

Lyndsy said...

a very ambitious list I must say!! I have the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe!! good luck and keep me updated!! p.s. when is your next marathon??

Sarah said...

I did the exact same thing. Kicked off year 25 with skydiving and checked off #1 on my list! It's a great thing to do. I am working my way through the rest now. I'm up to #6 (though have yet to post blogs about #5 or #6--I'm behind). Excited to hear how your and Vanessa's lists go! :)

wendy said...

Quebes! I love this list- what a good idea! It's too bad you got that new coat before your birthday. otherwise you could cross off #22! just kidding. i love your blog. It makes me happy. :)

Jill said...

Ooh, can we go to the Statue of Liberty when I come visit? Also, I too have a good cookie recipe.

jenny said...

Want to do 3. Could never do 4. Let's go to Europe after we get our tans.

And the Whitney is so fun! Gotta go.

TandAA :) said...

Wow, this is a very good idea! I really like it. I need to do something like this before I turn too! It'd be fun! There are so many things I want to learn, do, & be too, just no motivation.....maybe this is a start. Ummm....you need to come visit here since none of us can stay with you there.....haha! :)

J Hayley B said...

I told Vanessa this - but you can come too! Meghan Whalen and I are going to Greece and Italy for 10 days over Labor Day weekend and you can come!

Marissa said...

Oh I love it!

Roadtrip = Richmond! DO IT!