Friday, January 1, 2010

My New York Year.

I can't believe how fast 2009 flew by. I have been living in New York for a year and a half now. Although I have done so much, I still sometimes feel like I just barely moved here.

Living in New York, I get these moments where I think, "Is this really my life?! Am I really living in New York City?!" Those moments are pretty great. When the city gets too tiring, too crazy, too filthy, too mean, too fast...it is those moments that make living here worth it.

I am at this point where the thought of settling in the city scares me. I don't like that thought. At all. But then I think about the alternative. Leaving the city. And the thought of leaving the city makes me sad. The odd truth is, I don't think I like that thought either. So where my life will take me is still very uncertain.

But I am certain that 2009, i'll call it my New York year, is one that I am grateful for and one that I will certainly never forget.

2009 final moments:



2 tourists from Britain + a brother and sister from Virginia + 3 students from Taiwan and China + 1 DC best friend + 2 New York dwellers = world peace.

And...several really hilarious games of BS.


Goodbye
2009.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you have had such a great experience in New York! I love being able to stay in touch with you and all the other running girls. Miss you!

Marissa said...

Oh goodness! This is pure perfection! I miss our new friends :( but that trip to NY was SOOO SOO SOO worth every second of the drive. LOVE YOU! Let's do it again soon :)