Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome to Twinsburg!

Don had one of his weeks of vacation last week, so we traveled far and away to the small town of Twinsburg, OH to visit my parents! We were really excited to see them, and it was every bit of fun and excitement that we had anticipated.

We sauntered through the nature trails of the Holden Arboretum, visited the oh-so-famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and took a leisurely bike ride along the Cuyahoga River.

The Arboretum was beautiful, and we took a lot of great pictures.

Every now and then my mom and dad would strike a pose in an attempt to be artistic. The results were most excellent, I would say:

Beautiful Nature.

Handsome couple.


At one point along the trail, I randomly spluttered, "Don, examine the roots!" In a swift simultaneous motion, I pointed to a tree that I had just spotted. My command to "examine the roots" made about as much sense to him as it probably does to you as you read this...not much, unfortunately.

I wanted him to somehow look interested in the tree's complex root system so that I could take a picture with both him and the roots in it. He finally humoured me with this fabulous pose. Exactly what I wanted!


We also took a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This was so much fun. Don and my mom are both very knowledgeable about Rock and Roll history.

I...searched high and low for traces of Avril Lavigne.

It was actually really fun, and I knew more than I thought I did about the great musicians of the past!

Don loved this motorcycle. They had a lot of cool memorabilia, including bikes and cars etc. that famous rock stars had owned. As it turns out, Avril didn't own this motorcycle, so I'm afraid I don't remember who did.

A famous person's guitar.



The next day after the RRHF, we took a bike ride along the Cuyahoga River. Every now and then the path was intersected by a train. Of course, I had to take a picture. If you were wondering, I have a half-eaten caramel in my left hand, and its wrapper in my right hand.

And...a half-eaten caramel in my mouth.

Bide ride!


We rode by a pond that was completely covered with lily pads. It was very reminiscent of a Disney movie. So pretty.

Momzo, Dadzo...I love you, thanks for a fabulous trip!

3 comments:

Ann said...

We love you! Thanks for visiting Ohio.

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

Thanks for calling when you were in my neighborhood.... that wasn't very nice.

Jenna said...

I love seeing the places my friends go.

Your "examine the roots" sure made me laugh

and

you're haircut is tempting me!!!