Saturday, September 4, 2010

Who doesn't love a Polly?

Don and I are excited to announce that...

We bought a CAR! I can say that we are now very proud parents. Although the decision was a difficult one, we knew this was a step we needed to take. Once decided, we wasted no time in seeking out the perfect addition to our family.

I would like to give a shout out to Don's parents while I'm at it. They were so nice to let us take care of one of their cars until we found one of our own.

Here are her stats:

Name: Polly Williams
Born: 2003
Birthplace: California (but grew up in Ogden)
Adopted: Monday - August 31st, 2010
Race: White


As it turns out she isn't very athletic. Her engine is quite small, so Polly has difficulties jumping into a good sprint race on the road. However, over long distances she does really well. Her energy is endless. She'll go for miles and miles without even stopping for food! I think we have a little marathoner on our hands.

I will say this: her style is impeccable! Don is most excellent at taking care of her. He makes sure she gets all of the proper care and cleaning. In fact, he spent hours with her last week, just making sure she looked stunning for her first day in Salt Lake City.


Oh...I hate to say this, but she doesn't necessarily have the most common sense. Most other cars just automatically think to roll down their windows, or unlock their doors for you. It just comes natural to them. Polly does struggle a little bit with that. You have to give her a little push, and then she gets the idea. But we love her anyway.

Polly, welcome to our family!!

*Side story: My best friend Allison also has a 2003 Toyota Corolla. Back in high school, we named her Molly. When Allison found out a little Corolla Twinner was coming into our family, we joked about naming her a twin-like name. So, we decided on Polly.

For Don's sake, I'll tell you that he had nothing to do with Polly's name or gender. It's probably a little girly...*

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Yay Polly!! This is funny because I JUST finished blogging and I mentioned that our Civic is a girl, Annie. Haha! Awesome.

Jenna said...

That's great Carolyn. Of course you have named your car :) (love that you cleared up Don's minimum involvement in that - haha)

Lyndsy said...

congrats!! and I literally laugh out loud when I read your post on my blog! miss you!!

Russell Shaffer said...

You are SO excited to be behind that steering wheel!

Heather and Trevor said...

Yay for Corollas! I love your blog and glad we can be blog buddies now. We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for coming down and visiting with us and playing with our kids. Sad the trip had to end. Come back soon! :)

chelsea mckell said...

Congratulations new mommy!
So do we need to throw a baby(vehicle) shower for you and Polly? Or perhaps she doesn't need cute little outfits and packages of diapers... I bet she's already potty trained and leakproof!
I'd get you one of those cool slings that new mamas carry their babies in... but I don't know if I could find one for Polly's size...

:)