Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

There are so many pictures on this post, and I even edited out so many of them!

My Thanksgiving adventure started out with a layover in Detroit. Who knew the Detroit airport had a hallway akin to the Aurora Borealis?! This pictures does not do it justice.

My adventures continued with much food, including a turkey-pumpkin pie. I ate it for breakfast everyday until I left. Yum.

My family also ventured out into the freezing great outdoors to what are affectionately known as the "icebox" caves. They are just that. Caves of low. low. temperatures.

My little niece, Penelope, was very prepared.

SPLAT. That's how Penelope rolls. Gotta love riding in the Ergo.

My whole family made fun of me during the hike, Penelope being the one merciful exception. The rest of my family called me an Anthropologie Barbie because of my fashion forward choice of hiking attire. I simply wanted to be presentable for the ice caves. Is that so wrong?

Anthro, I love you. And Barbie, you aren't so bad either. I'll take it.

Here is the crew, minus my mama who is snapping the picture.

And here is my Herculean father lifting one whole entire side of an ice cave!

Me. In a small rock nook.

Stephen. Looking austere.

Stephen again, forming a bridge across the wide expanse of the rocky crevasse. I am swiftly passing by underneath, in amazement.

Back on the homefront, we learned all of the incredible things Penelope is capable of. She just turned 1 year old.

She can dance (hips included), snap her fingers (sound included), blow on food that is too hot (she blew on the fire we made as well...hey, who can blame her, it was hot!), talk on a cell phone (or at least pretend), clap her hands, feed herself, and say the word "yeah!" over and over and over again.

Like I said, she can feed herself.

Happy Thanksgiving! Family, thanks for the wonderful week, it was so fun to see everybody.

I send my love!

4 comments:

Ann said...

I miss you family!!!!!

The Bybees said...

Cute pie! Way better than a plain one.

Coopers said...

i love your hiking outfit. it fits you perfect.
and your pie is amazing!
and i sure hope you are in utah for Christmas! i would love you see you!

Stephen said...

I went through the same tunnel! I like the picture of Pennelope in the Ergo. Austere?? =)