Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Things.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally went apple picking in Wellesley.  It was great fun, and I was glad to finally have the chance to go.   At the particular farm I went to, there was a small train that took us around to the different orchards.  I picked (and taste tested. . .) Jonagold apples, Golden Delicious apples, and Asian Pears.  Everything I tasted was so crisp and tasty.  Yum!

The Lookout Farm.  (I also bought our pumpkin.  Pumpkin carving blogpost. . .still to come!)


The conductor of my train ride wasn't the most upbeat. . .

"Next Stop:  Golden Delicious!!"  I got off the train quickly.


My apple-pickin bag.


Golden Delicious!


The pretty grapevine walkway.  I tried to get some grapes, but I couldn't reach them :(  I suppose that's on purpose.


Jonagold!


That night, Don met me at the Museum of Fine Arts after work.  I had also been really excited to visit the MFA, and the weather was perfect for a walk and an evening indoors.  I really enjoyed seeing all of the great pieces of art.

Edgar Degas.


Vincent Van Gogh.


Auguste Renoir.


Claude Monet.



Childe Hassam.


Can you tell Impressionism is my favorite?!  Cliche for a Humanities Major, but I love it. 

Childe Hassam is my favorite American artist.  AND, he lived and worked in Boston!  He had a fascination with painting the effects of rain and snow on city streets.  Although there wasn't a rain painting in the MFA this go round, they are stunning.  He has a talent for capturing the light that reflects off of the wetness of sidewalk. 

Beautiful.

6 comments:

Mary Staples said...

What a perfect day!!!

Hassam is one of my favorites too. Good thing we are friends.

Laura said...

Um, why have I not been to this museum?? That is just ridiculous. I love all parts of this post. Apple picking is awesome, and you know what? Impressionism rocks. Everyone loves Van Gogh for a reason, right? Plus, according to my complete lack of art history knowledge, everything got super weird after Impressionism.

Marissa said...

I love this post. I love Fall. I love you! Now I just need to get through campaign season and come play with you. I'll call soon! Love you!

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

you need to go to the musee d'orsay in paris. the best impressionism museum EVER. often gets overlooked because of the lourve but way better in my opinion.

Kight Family said...

Man lady, you have so many beautiful posts! With the natural beauty and then the arts oh and of course Anthro. You've got to be a happy camper! Hope you and Don are enjoying the area as well as life. If you ever have a spare moment in your crazy life give me a call! I would love to catch up.

Jenna said...

reminds me of picking nectarines w you - that was still the best one I can ever remembering eating! What a cool place you went to!