Friday, April 5, 2019

159 1/2

In November of last year, we bought our very first rental property!  It was a big decision for us, and it was a bit of a gamble.  But, we both felt good about it, so we just sort of went for it.  Although admittedly...the timing could've been better.

We started the house buying process when I was about seven months pregnant, and we ended up closing right after Auggie was born.  In fact, our closing date was only eight days after Auggie was born.

In retrospect, I would definitely try to avoid buying a house near the end of a pregnancy.  It was just too muchfor both of us.   I remember driving out to Green Tree and sitting in the passenger seat of the car on my little donut pillow, trying to avoid the pressure of sitting down.  Ugh.  I basically waddled into the building (carrying my donut, of course), and sat down for what felt like a very long hour to sign all of the closing documents.  I was so out of it, and I asked Don to just tell me where to sign.  My mental and physical capacities at the time were truly nonexistent.

But we did it!!  And we are officially landlords!  And we found a renter in January!  Huzzaah!  

Here are some pictures of our cute little rental on 159 1/2 Street:

No comments: