I don't have any pictures from Thanksgiving, but we had such a fun day. Don and I felt like something really low-key because #newbaby, and that's exactly what we did. If I remember correctly, Don worked in the morning and got home in the afternoon. Auggie and I went on our first big adventure together to Whole Foods where we bought all the pre-made Thanksgiving dishes from the hot foods bar. It was so relaxing just to be home, eat good food, snuggle with Auggie, and watch some TV shows. It was exactly what we needed.
The next week, Don's family came out to visit and prep for Auggie's baby blessing. Besides seeing all of our family and the blessing itself, one of my favorite memories from that week was going to see the gingerbread house display downtown. Pittsburgh has the best holiday activities, and this one topped the list! There were hundreds of incredible gingerbread houses, and quite a few of them looked professionally done.
{I mean...doesn't that look like Big Ben?}
{Auggie in his Christmas jammies}
{Blessing Day}
Auggie's baby blessing was so wonderful. Don gave the blessing, and it was a such a neat experience to hear it. Auggie didn't even cry! We loved having all of our family there, and it was a weekend filled with joy and laughter.
Also, my mom made Auggie the most perfect little white suede, monogrammed loafers. I don't have a close up picture, but one day I'll post them on the blog. He looked so handsome in his fancy outfit!
December was a bit rough for the little guy health-wise. He got a pretty bad case of thrush, and we had to cotton swab his mouth multiple times a day for months. Thank goodness he's over that one. He also got his first cold and some blocked tear ducts, which made for pretty goopy eyes. Nothing was ever serious, but it was all one right after the other. Poor kiddo.
December also marked my first post-baby run!!!! Yahoo!!! I started running after seven weeks, and I was so happy and grateful to be running again. It still took several months to feel "normal", but just being able to get back out there meant the world to me. I took my little buddy with me for the first run, and we both loved it.
My parents came down on Christmas day, which was fun to have them here. We opened presents and had a Christmas card photoshoot, nothing too fancy.
{Auggie's emoji face!}
New Year's Eve was another low-key celebration, but we did manage to go out to dinner at Olive Garden. Make fun of us all you want, but we will never give up on the all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar! Auggie was such a champ at dinner, but he still hadn't quite figured out how to coordinate his eyeballs...haha, or maybe he had a little too much to drink?!
Happy New Year!


















No comments:
Post a Comment