Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Auggie and his firsts.

Since Auggie was born, I feel like I've taken soooo many more pictures than before!  Here are some favorites and some "firsts" from his first month of life.

{5 days old}


{Reading with dad}


{Size extra large, Natursutten binkie}

When we first brought Auggie home, we didn't think to have a binkie washed and ready for him.  During a frenzied moment of crying, we realized we needed a binkie...stat.  I remembered that my friend had gifted us one somewhere, so I tracked it down, ripped it out of the packaging, washed it, and stuck it in his mouth.  In that moment of haste, we didn't bother to really look at it. 

As you can see from the photo, this binkie was huge (we found out later that it was the largest size available, 1 year + ) and Auggie absolutely loved it.  Instead of sucking on it, he instantly took to gnawing and chewing it.  Since that day, we haven't been able to get him to suck (or chew...) on any other binkie.  I mean, go big or go home...right?  He's starting to grow into it a little bit now, but this picture is such a favorite memory.


My mom came out to help during the first week, and Michelle came out to help during the second week.  I'm serious, I wouldn't have made it through without them.  I was in so much pain and just so overwhelmed.  Don also had those first two weeks off and between the three of them, they took care of everything.  They made every meal and changed every. single. diaper.   That isn't an exaggeration.  I literally didn't change my first diaper until the third week, and Don gave me all the pointers.

{My mom, putting Auggie down for a nap}


{Auggie's first eye appointment}


{First bath!}


{First facial expressions, and first smile}




{First walk in the Ergo}




{One of my favorite snuggle pictures, with all of our littles!}


{The toe pop}

For some reason, Auggie always popped a toe whenever we fed him his bottle.  He still wiggles like crazy while he eats, but the toe pop is much more subtle now.  


{Bouncer in his bouncer}

Does he not look like a bouncer?!  He's gotta be the toughest skinny legged kid out there.

For the first two months, Auggie loved both his bouncer and his swing. We basically just rotated him from Gathre mat to bouncer to swing, all day long.


{First stroller walk}

No comments: