{4th of July}
We had a great 4th of July! Don and I started off the morning by racing the Uncle Sam 4k. Happy to report that I barely beat Don. I'm holding him off as long as I can, but he's coming for me!
Auggie and I got our faces painted at our ward breakfast.
We went over to a friend's house for dinner, played in the pool (the boy's loved the chicken fights 😂) and showed them the joy of smoke bombs.After the smoke bombs, we went back to our neighborhood for some night fireworks. Our wild neighbors got a little too close for comfort with their illegal aerials from Wyoming, but they sure were pretty! Don and I are both glad that our house is still standing and that we have all of our limbs. Joking. Not joking. St. George has no rules.
Ten minutes later I called 911 on a field fire that started 800 meters down the road from our house. When the 911 operator answered the phone he said, rather nonchalantly, "Are you calling about the fire near Shepard's downtown?" as if he were asking which flavor of ice cream I wanted at the shop 😂.
{Pioneer Day}We left early in the morning to watch the Pioneer Day Parade with our neighbors. Auggie was lucky enough to snag a picture with the Mandolorian!
Our evening fireworks were much more tame this go-round...they were of the flower/tank variety with only one legal aerial. We learned about Red Snappers and Ninja Sticks, which we will be adding to our "must-haves" list for next year.











No comments:
Post a Comment