Auggie's Preschool Graduation, 2024.
He did it! He made it through preschool, and now he'll be starting kindergarten in a week...I can't even believe it. I'm nervous and excited, but I also know he'll excel. He's off to face new challenges, and he's about to experience a big, wide world. I don't know if my heart can take it!
{before}
{during}
Okay, so two things.
Do you notice those cutie-little-crossed-nervous-fingers?! For a period of about six months, Auggie crossed his fingers like this all the time. It was an indication of either how nervous or excited he was, but it was constant. I love this picture because it's just so Auggie. He's keeping himself calm the best way he knows how and it's perfect.
Second thing. During the song performances, Auggie was sooo confident that he sang twice as fast and twice as loud as every other kid in his class. He was particularly enthusiastic with his rendition of the Spanish Colors song, so much so that the laughter in the audience was audible. His teacher commented on his gusto, and gosh, he was so proud of himself! It was a performance for the ages in both volume and tempo, and I couldn't believe how he just took to the stage with no fear. I was so proud of him too for being that brave! We sure love this kid!!!
{after}






No comments:
Post a Comment