Ok. But how is Owen 4?! This kid is growing up so fast! We had a fun train party, with only one over-stimulated meltdown. I'd say that's a success!
This. This is Owen. Always making funny faces, always just being his own kid. There is no better way to describe him than the one day when I walked into the living room and asked Don what Owen was doing. Don didn't skip a beat when he responded, "Oh, it's just Owen doing Owen things".
Favorite Owen things:
- His intense love for his stuffed animal kitty, now named Peppy.
- Thomas the Train and alllllll train things! He is an epic train track builder.
- Skiing, tennis, running, and riding a bike with no training wheels at 3!
- Already learning to read.
- Favorite lullaby changed from Do-Re-Mi to Raindrops on Roses
- Puzzles, puzzles, puzzles! He's already doing 500 piecers.
Favorite Owen quotes:
- "I am happy at you!"
- "I NEED HELP WIPING!!!!!" sooo loud.
- Durangotin Silver Train = Durango Silverton Train
- "So much more often these days I haven't got splinters!"
- Pe-cause = because
- Sussposed to = supposed to
- "100 miles per allen"
Owen also has a tendency to blame other people/things for the naughty things he does. One time, when I asked him about hitting another kid at preschool (his teacher had it on camera...lol), he was adamant that the cookie monster did it. For about fifteen minutes, his story didn't budge. Then he said, "yeah Mom, the cookie monster is veeeeeeery bad." We love our creative kiddo!
We also love that Owen always shortens everything. If something needs a nickname, Owen's your guy! When we visited Pittsburgh, the Duquesne Incline was renamed "the Duey". Costa Vida is always "costi's", a Zbar is a "zeebee", and a family favorite...hot dogs are "hotties".
We absolutely love our O's. He brings so much joy and happiness into our family! He is fun and smart, wild and sensitive, outgoing and thoughtful, brave and kind...he can do anything, loves everybody, and never gives up. He is a very special little guy, and we couldn't have asked for a better second kiddo.
Owen, we hope you forever and always do "Owen things". We love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment