Wow. It's already been four months with our sweet little Baby O! Where did those weeks go?! I don't want to forget anything about these littles growing up, but it sure makes it hard when time is flying by on super speed.
With Auggie's birth story, I dedicated an entire post to my postpartum experience. I'm so grateful that a recovery post is unnecessary this go-round. My recovery was. so. easy. I was absolutely shocked that I could feel so good after having a baby! Of course there was the normal bleeding, nervous peeing, etc. etc., but this time I was prepared for it all. I was golden. I had virtually no pain and very little discomfort as I busied myself the next day. I mean, I was cooking dinner no probs! Anyway. If every baby were this easy to deliver and recover from, I could just keep em' coming. Ok, not really. But this was nice.
It's time to share the story of Owen's name. I've always thought boy names are kind of tough to think of. We had a very short list, none of which we both loved. We had no idea what name we would pick. One day, Don came home from work and randomly asked how I felt about the name Owen. I actually didn't mind it, and so we added it to our list.
Auggie had different plans. He heard our conversation, and without hesitation told us that he really liked the name Owen. We laughed. It was cute. But we didn't think much of it. Sheesh...we were wrong. Never assume that a conversation with Auggie will be forgotten! He reminded us almost daily that he liked the name Owen the best. Every time we asked him what we should name his baby brother, Auggie definitively said, "It's Owen!".
For three months he was determined and consistent, "His name is Owen! I like Owen. My baby brother's name is Owen! It's Owen.". Even when we suggested other names, he responded with a firm rebuttal. No guys, his name is Owen. At this point, the grandparents on both sides were accidentally calling him Owen. As we got closer to the due date, even we were having trouble keeping open minds. It came as no surprise to anyone that when our sweet bb arrived, he was the perfect little Owen. It felt like it was meant to be.
A couple months after Owen was born, Auggie started casually referring to him as Baby O, and sometimes just "O". I laughed so hard the first time I heard, "Moooom! I think O's getting hungry!". Since then, the nickname has stuck, and it's pretty awesome. But also, my mama heart smiles a little at their sweet brotherly bond. Auggie's already watching out for him, and I couldn't happier about it.




No comments:
Post a Comment