Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Goodbyes.

I just looked up the word transient because I thought it may be an appropriate description word to use somewhere in my "goodbye" post.

As it turns out, transient just might be the perfect word to describe that percentage of our church attendees we so affectionately refer to as "the interns".

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines transient as the following:

1. Passing especially quickly into and out of existence.
2. Passing through or by a place with only a brief stay or sojourn.

Yes. I have met and become friends with many an intern, and I submit to you that they are quite transient. They come, we bond, they leave, we cry...and it repeats. Most recently, we lost our good friend Shuana Sargent to this bittersweet cycle.



As is custom, we sent her off with a party involving lots of "New York" things for her to remember us by...We will miss you Shauna! (and Leilani, and Jen, and our many other intern friends!)


I also have to mention the Sister Missionaries in this post dedicated to goodbyes. We are losing both Sister Johanson and Sister Cho, who will be serving in different areas as of...well, yesterday.



Sister Cho is returning to Temple Square, and Sister Johanson is headed to the East Side. Bittersweet, once again.

Knowing them was definitely the sweet part; it's only the leaving that is bitter. :)

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

Great shirt - way to represent!
And the word transient pretty much describes my life the past several years...