Friday, April 10, 2009

Springtime at Macy's!

Last week, I randomly discovered the Macy's Flower Show, so I had to put up some pictures...it is absolutely stunning!

I went into the Macy's on 34th Street (Macy's Day Parade, takes up and entire block, etc...). Apparently, Macy's puts on a huge Flower Show every year. This means they import and display thousands of different types of flowers covering about half of the ground floor. They create the most incredible floral displays nearly everywhere you look. Literally, there are flowers practically everywhere. It is definitely worth seeing.


Also, they put up a "bouquet of the day", which is a really creative display of flowers done in some sort of artistic manner. For example, on the day that I went, the bouquet of the day included a tree with vibrant purple flowers, and two green peacocks constructed of other unique types of foliage. I also passed by several oversized flamingos, all made out of tiny pink flowers.


I did take a lot of pictures...mostly because it was eye-popping beautiful, but I also think part of me desperately wanted to capture some shred of springtime...

Yes, I also snapped a picture of the Michael Kors sign. Michael Kors + Flowers = Very Pretty

4 comments:

Marissa said...

GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous and the store seems so magical! Also - loving the spring birds background :)

Love you!

Lyndsay Budge said...

Amazing! I'm still so jealous that you live in New York and get to see so many cool things! :)

Coopers said...

I bet it smelled so nice in there. That is so fun. I love flowers. It is just so sad that they die so fast.

Jenna said...

Wow! That is amazing! Hope I can catch a glimpse this week!Talk to you soon!